Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Back in action

kate 6 weeks

Chillaxin’ after a milk coma…

How is that six weeks can seem like forever and at the same time, pass in the blink of an eye? It seems like just yesterday I was dreading being “stuck” in the house for six weeks before I returned to work part time. Um, yeah, nobody forewarned me about how babies – even easy ones – are a LOT of work! And that while the nights seem long, the weeks go by plenty fast…

So I returned to work part time on Monday. It was difficult on Monday because I didn’t go into the office on Tuesday. Contrary to popular belief, it was actually quite easy for me to leave Katie on Tuesday because it’s only part time work! Wouldn’t the ideal situation be to work part time and still get paid for a full time salary? Wishful thinking….

Anyway, being back in the office was wonderful, as was seeing a lot of my friends and coworkers. I actually got a lot accomplished all the while feeling very overwhelmed because more and more work keeps getting piled onto my plate. While on the one hand, that’s great because it means I’m needed. On the other hand, I’m trying to squeeze in 40+ hours of work into 25 hours a week. Stressful! But when it all boils down, I’m happy to semi-return to something familiar, settle ourselves into a routine, and be fulfilled all at the same time.

Today also marked 6 weeks postpartum and I was officially cleared by my doctor to resume all normal activities. Which means it’s time to start personal training with Shannon. Yeah! Later this week, I’ll detail my plan of action for the next six weeks. I’d love to be at or very near my pre-pregnancy weight by the time I return to work full time in 6 weeks. I really don’t want to buy bigger clothes (groan….)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Time flies! I went back to work part-time after both my boys were born. But I stayed part-time until I finally quit a few years later.

fancy nancy said...

Oh she is just so cute!!! Time does go by way too fast!

safire said...

She is so adorable! Good luck with everything :)

Anonymous said...

She's so stinking cute! Glad you're cleared to get back into things!

Tish said...

What a cutie! Enjoy the 6 weeks part time--don't let yourself be sucked in to giving them 40 hours until you owe them! Good luck with getting back to exercising.

Post a Comment