Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Houston, we have a heartbeat!

Monday, hubs and I went to have our first ultrasound – it was amazing, and that doesn’t even describe it!

scan0001

I couldn’t stop smiling the entire time, and to be able to actually see it's little heart beating left me speechless! Yay! There’s really a baby in there!

I had another appointment on Tuesday for a complete physical. That went well and they took a look at my ultrasound results and said everything looked great. My blood pressure has dropped even more to 106/68 which is the lowest it’s ever been.  The ultrasound measured me at 6w4d which is pretty much what I expected. I go back one more time next week to meet with my OB, and then I get a month off from doctor’s appointments. Woohoo!

The all day sickness has turned into barf an hour after eating sickness and dry heave at random times in the evening. It is not cool. I was down to 136 on Monday, and I asked the nurse practitioner about it, who just told me to eat whatever I can right now. Sounds like the important thing is staying hydrated. There’s no rhyme or reason to getting sick – what’s fine one day is not fine the next day. I still won’t eat eggs…that’s about the only consistent thing. Oh, and I love bagels because I’ve yet to get sick after eating one.

Anyway, I am still totally miserable with this cold. I left at noon on Monday and didn’t even bother going in to work on Tuesday.  Now I don’t feel so bad about bailing on the race – this stuff sucks.

Happy hump day!

5 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Exciting!!!!

fancy nancy said...

Oh my word so exciting!!! I'm so glad you were able to get this done!!! I hope the stomach is feeling better very soon! That is no fun. Yes your thoughts are true on what my news was. Thanks for the kind words and support!

Anonymous said...

Yay on a heartbeat!!!

I was not at all health conscious while pregnant and I lived on bagels and cream cheese. I felt pretty good each morning and then progessively worse throughout the day until the heaving started about 3:00. It really got old. Luckily, I could stomach the bagels. And my son LOVES bagels--wonder if it's related. :)

beerab said...

So cool how they can see inside us and show us the baby! Course I can rarely make heads or tails in those pictures lol!

I'm sorry you are still sick! Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

Sunnydaze said...

:D

Post a Comment