Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turning the corner?

After being terribly sick last week, I’ve felt cautiously pretty good since Friday. A few bouts of nausea and random vomiting, but nothing like the constant, consistent nausea and puking I’ve had since about Week 5. I’ll be 10 weeks on Thursday, and except for the randomness factor, I’ve felt pretty awesome the past 3 days. At the same time, my face has totally cleared up and I’m no longer getting zits… let’s hope this first trimester nonsense is winding down a couple weeks early, eh??

It’s been another busy week. I took Friday off as kind of a “birthday celebration” which actually meant preparing for the bridal shower I was hosting at my house on Friday. I went non-stop from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. at night; up again on Saturday at the same time, but did get to bed a bit earlier that day. DH was out of town for the bachelor party, so I was left to my own devices. I knew something was up because I haven’t had that ravenous, got to eat now or I’m going to puke and kill someone at the same time feeling I’ve been having from the beginning. As I was making desserts on Friday night, and the rest of the food on Saturday, I hardly taste tested anything. I just wasn’t interested in food! Now, why can’t I be that like when I’m not pregnant and/or dieting?! Same thing Sunday and Monday… got randomly sick at times, but not too hungry at all. Wishful thinking.

All that to say, I’ve now been thinking the past two days that my excuses for my lack of exercise are over. I don’t have a sinus infection anymore, my stomach has tamed itself. I’m not randomly falling asleep in the evenings for 3 hours, and gosh darn it, the weather is awesome! With all of my excuses shot, it’s time to get out there and get regular about exercising. It’s not that I plan to do a lot, it’s just that my inner lazy person has taken over. With all of the busy weeks/weekends we’ve been having, it’s hard to get yourself out there and exercise when all you want to do is take a minute to catch your breath and rest. SparkPeople has a great BabyFit website dedicated solely to exercising and eating healthy during and post-pregnancy. It’s time to get regularly back in the game while I still can!

Last…some pictures from the marathon relay. If it looks like I’m hurting in the second one…it’s because I am! :)

 Fullscreen capture 5232011 82128 PM.bmp

Fullscreen capture 5232011 82648 PM.bmp

4 comments:

safire said...

My inner lazy person has not been good about eating recently!

I hope you feel better!

beerab said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. I didn't know about babyfit but that is really cool!

You don't look bad at all girl lol- you should have seen my friends marathon pictures- they were so funny the pained looks on his faces I was crying from laughter lol.

Unknown said...

Aw. Sorry you felt crappy but glad you feel better! I'm pretty sure you're "in pain" face is what I look like all the time when I run. Haha. Great job though, I'm very impressed :)

Renee Paj said...

glad you are turning the corner. Really, second trimester is the best. all good things happen and you generally feel really good most of the time...so enjoy...

the inner lazy me...I struggle with her always...lol

I exercised fairly regular ( Jazzercise) when I was preggo with Aaron, my last...and he is so smart...I often wonder if there was a connection. I mean, I read that there is, but sometimes I think he is proof. So if for no other reason, do it to give your baby a good chance...you never know...lol

Post a Comment